keldyn bear

keldyn bear
Kelder Bear

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Long Essay #2


             I will be writing my essay on why the hand maids were so scared of stepping out of line. The rules that they had to follow and the consequences that could have come if they chose to break the rules.  I will be writing on brain washing and methods of torture and intimidation that they might have used to in force the rules and get everyone to follow them.  The most important job of a handmaid was to bear a child and if they were not able to do so they could be killed.  I will write about the pressures of their duties and also the consequences of not producing.  When in fact most of the tie it was the man’s fault, but that was not something that was ever talked about or pointed out.  I will talk about how the handmaids were brain washed into thinking that there was actually something wrong with them and their bodies, when that was not quite the case in probably most of the women.  I think this is a crazy story and I could not live that way to lose your whole family and never know what happened to them would be enough for me to turn in the towel.  My entire essay will be basically about the ways these handmaids were most likely abused and threatened into becoming something they were not and also how after time some of the women were completely brain washed into thinking that this was how things were supposed to be for them.  I will also be touching base on the consequences these women could have faced if not pretending to believe in their way of living during this time.  What could have happened if they even showed any sort of emotions for their past life and the people in it.  They were to just act like their past life and families did not exist.  I will also touch base a little on the other duties of the Martha’s and the soldiers back at that time and what could have possibly been their consequences if disobeying orders.  Also why none of them were able to conversant with each other and why they were so scared to.  Basically my whole essay will be written on how and why back at this time every one followed orders and would not step out of line and how they could have been brain washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment